Pathways with easy-Speak

Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

My Communication

HelpNeed to ask a question? - or could you help and answer questions? 

easy-Speak Training

District 71 
District 91 
Help 

No members shown for Area contest- only club officers

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
Toastmasters Discussion Index  » How do I....?
MaxRP

Joined Date: 2013-10-18, 15:08

Post Post subject No members shown for Area contest- only club officers   Posted 02 Oct 15, 09:38    Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm the AD for A43 and am arranging th contest but only club officers show up on the left-hand side. 

Is there somethin i'm doing wrong? Also, I don't have the Area 43 link in quick links. I there a trick for that too? 

Thanks,

Max

malcolmw

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2003-07-08, 19:35

Post Post subject Re: No members shown for Area contest- only club officers   Posted 02 Oct 15, 10:44    Reply with quote

Outside a club the concept of 'Members' is different.

For Officer Training and Council meetings we know the potential attenders ,but for a contest.....

If you imagine running the Contest for a District the drop-down list of potential role-takers would be around 3000 people and the list of possible attenders would be the same size.

That's obviously impractical - you wouldn't find the one that you wanted and the screen would take maybe 30 minutes to refresh each time (assuming it didn't crash and die before then)

So...

Outside a Club the default list of potential attenders and role-takes is made up of:

• Anyone who used the 'thumbs up' to book themselves as attending this event
  • People who attended an event at this unit in the last year or so (they tend to be regular visitors)
  • All officers of that unit
  • Officers of 'lower' units - for an Area that will be all club officers. At District it defaults to District, Division, Area officers and Council members from the clubs
  • If you need to assign a role or speech to someone who is not listed you can either encourage them to book themselves as attending (see above) or use the'Add user' button to add that person as a 'member' of the Area (use an effective date just prior to the contest). They will then show on the attendance and potential role-takers lists.

(Hint - I find it easier to locate the person by name from the Menubar > Go to > User Search, make sure it's the correct user by looking at their profile, and then copy/paste the username into the add user pop-up)

Malcolm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype ID Yahoo Messenger
Tanya

Joined Date: 2013-05-08, 02:00

Post Post subject Re: No members shown for Area contest- only club officers   Posted 08 Mar 17, 11:00    Reply with quote

Hi I am having the same problem for the Area 39 contests due next month:

https://toastmasterclub.org/view_meeting.php?t=39386

However I cannot see the "add user" button. I thought I had all of the correct admin rights to do this. Could you look into it please?

Tanya Barad
President of Heart of England Speakers Club # 6824
President of Walsall Speakers Club # 5563030

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: No members shown for Area contest- only club officers   Posted 09 Mar 17, 17:38    Reply with quote

Someone made unwise changes for the Assistant Area Director permissions for your Area

I corrected that and you will now have access to add members

Malcolm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit their website Facebook ProfileSkype ID Yahoo Messenger
Marywal

Joined Date: 2010-04-29, 13:16

Post Post subject Re: No members shown for Area contest- only club officers   Posted 23 Sep 17, 15:45    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

I am AD of D71 Division A Area 3 and I would like to create a new meetings for mopup COT and the Area Contest.

The actuals have not been recorded of the Area contest last April and I dont seem to have access to create a new meeting i.e. under scheduling & VPE Tasks the only option is "Schedule Speeches". Can you tell me how I create a new meeting?

thanks in advance,

Mary

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Re: No members shown for Area contest- only club officers   Posted 23 Sep 17, 19:23    Reply with quote

I don't see any meetings, of any kind, that have previosly been created in that Area Mary

You should have 'Create Meeting' in the workflow navigation on the left sidebar and also in the Menubar > Meetings > Create Meeting

It will take you to this screen - Use 'Toastmaster Meeting' for the contest

Use Officer Training for the COT

Toastmasters Discussion Index  » Calendar
Subject
Event Type  Toastmaster Meeting    Committee Meeting    Other Event    Officer Training    Council  
Calendar Event Start Date

Starting at  : 
Venue
Club Name Area 3

I suggest that you also read this posting to see how to manage the attendees and role-players for your contest; https://toastmasterclub.org/viewtopic.php?t=29183 

Malcolm

Marywal

Post Post subject Area 3   Posted 23 Sep 17, 20:09    Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

thanks for responding so quickly!

I must not have the correct permissions because I dont have Create Meeting either in the sidebar or top menu. See screenshots attached

Marywal

Post Post subject Area 3   Posted 23 Sep 17, 20:15    Reply with quote

Here's my view of the top menu

malcolmw

Site Admin

Post Post subject Area 3   Posted 24 Sep 17, 00:39    Reply with quote

@Mary - most of the permissions were turned off for the AD in your Area.

I can't imagine how that happened, but I've enabled them all for you now

Malcolm

Marywal

Post Post subject Area 3   Posted 24 Sep 17, 18:39    Reply with quote

Fantastic, thanks so much Malcolm!

Printer-friendly version
Toastmasters Discussion Index  » How do I....?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to