Many of you will have experienced a much faster system response in easy-Speak over the last two weeks.
Firstly, huge thanks to John Novak from California who has done so much server and database tuning.
Also, thanks to Kit Barritt, currently in the UK, for database conversion and Nahid Akbar in Canberra who were online with John and me for the update itself.
No small commitment given the different timezones that we cover.
The software update today is the next step in improving performance.
Mostly it is around a re-write of the view_meeting screen, the most commonly used screen.
In tests, the new version runs 30-40 times faster than the old with much less database activity and memory load.
I've also taken the opportunity to tidy up the non-club level meetings, such as District|Division|Area contests, training, council, and executive council.
This was a complex update.
It has been well tested but, if you experience a problem, please report it here giving full explanation so that we can investigate and resolve that for you quickly.
- The development team are working on several more performance updates as well as some very interesting enhancements and new features.
- Carole McCullock in Victoria and Linda Oliver in Texas have developed new training materials and courses that we offer to clubs getting started
- The language teams are translating French, German and Italian versions with several other languages in prospect.
- Billy Colless in Queensland has reworked some of the graphics and is ready for the new language-specific graphic requests.
- Several Districts now have local training and support in place and are committed to full district-wide installations.
- We are talking with TI to prepare for the Revitalised Education Program.
About 300 clubs have signed up to easy-Speak since March and we are prepared for the annual peak of club setup requests in June and July as new VPE move into office.
It's all go....
If you have skills and would be able to help one of the volunteer teams please get in touch.