Welcome to Division “M” of District 71 Toastmasters—serving Clubs in Dublin from Lucan in the West of the County, Dublin South of the Liffey to Dun Laoghaire and the County of Wicklow. We are, one and all, anxious to welcome new members and visitors to our Club meetings.
Our meetings last about 2 hours, packed with a variety of Poetry, Jokes, Topical and serious presentations, fun stories, educational presentations speech contests, and a large measure of social networking; all have an educational and leadership promotional element, and members valuable speech and leadership awards through participation. Contests are run at Club, Area inter Club, Division, District and International level, but most members come for the enjoyment of the evening.
As a visitor to our site, you may be asking, "What is Toastmasters?" Well, Toastmasters is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations. It's an organisation dedicated to helping its over 280,000 members worldwide realise their potential through greater self-confidence and personal growth.
Do you want to…
- Gain self-confidence and experience unlimited personal growth
- Have fun and meet friendly new people
--all while learning valuable communication and leadership skills?
It’s a known fact that one of people’s greatest fears is speaking before a group, but it’s also a valued skill—a skill that you can develop through Toastmasters. …But Toastmasters isn’t just about public speaking, it also helps us to develop communication skills that affect
every facet of our lives, both business and personal. …And Toastmasters also provides us the opportunity to develop our leadership skills.
Toastmasters can help you learn how to…
- Develop your speaking, listening and leadership skills
- Overcome your fear of public speaking
- Organise your thoughts quickly and present them clearly
- Build your ability to motivate and persuade
- Become more successful in your career
- Enhance relationships in your professional and/or personal life
However, one of the best parts is that it’s fun and easy. Toastmaster clubs offer a safe, comfortable, learn-by-doing environment. There are no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting; instead, you’ll receive guidance from clearly defined manuals from Toastmasters International and fellow members, who share the common goal of improving their communication and leadership skills, will provide supportive evaluations of one another’s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success.
Here’s how you do it. . .
- Participate in our fun and supportive interactive meetings
- Receive guidance through Toastmasters International’s self-paced programme
- Develop your existing strengths and learn ways to improve through the positive, supportive and motivational feedback you’ll receive from your fellow members.
So if you want to realise your potential, visit a club today--we’d love to have you join us
We have over 270 clubs in the UK and Ireland so if you’d like to learn more about Toastmasters, click on ‘Find a Club’ at the bottom of the left panel to locate a club convenient to you, then simply visit the club--and prepare to be amazed (and don’t worry, you won’t be obligated to speak.