Invocator - Capital Communicators does not use this role at the moment
The role of the Invocator is to provide a thought for the day and lasts for up to 3 minutes.
Invocation could take the form of a thought provoking mini speech, a poem or a passage
from a book. Whatever you choose, it should contain a positive message. It may also
inspire or motivate the audience.
As Toastmasters is non-sectarian, your invocation should not refer to a particular religious
philosophy. Make your invocation universal.
If you choose to be a Joke Master, your role is to provide a humorous speech which lasts for
up to 3 minutes.
The speaker should avoid potentially objectionable language, anecdotes, and material.
Prior to the meeting:
1. Read these guidelines! They relate specifically to the Invocator/Joke Master role in
2. Rehearse your speech, making sure that it is within the time limit of 3 minutes.
3. If you need assistance, contact your mentor.
At the meeting:
1. Arrive early, at least by 7.15pm, and let the Toastmaster know you are there.
Delivering your invocation:
1. Step up to the lectern, shake hands with the Toastmaster of the evening and deliver
your invocation, poem etc up to 3 minutes
2. When you finish, shake hands with the Toastmaster to hand back the floor and return
to your seat.
How this role helps you:
1. As a speaker, you can use it to advance your CL manual for the following projects:
a. Project 4 – Time Management
b. Project 5 – Planning and Implementatio